Chapter One Complete

I finished the first chapter of my WIP this morning. It’s not perfect and I’m fairly sure it will change, but it’s in the can. Or at least on the servers at Google. I’m using GDocs to write this novel. Partly because of the revision capabilities and partly so that I can share out chapters to Alpha Readers and partly because it’s just so darn convenient. In a house with three computers, it doesn’t matter which one I’m on, I can still write to the same document.

Chapter One stats: 2220 words, 5 pages as it is now, single spaced. The template I’m using is single spaced and I find that more convenient than double spacing. When I download it to my computer and format it to standard manuscript specifications, it will be closer to ten pages. No worries that is within my target page length. It’s also not very complicated as my reading level is appropriate for a 13-15 year old.

Writing Commences

This weekend I started writing my fourth novel. It is the prequel to Starstrikers and it will be called Starforgers. This novel was attempted many years ago and then abandoned.  I used the opening that I already had written when I began my outline for the novel last month. But in the weeks since that outline was created, I changed my mind and started over. You can do that you know. No questions asked.

The first chapter now works harder at telling the story I need to tell than the old one did. We are introduced to the hero and we see her doing her job and suffering with memories of an event that will alter her future by causing her to become involved in the events that started the Great War. In the second chapter, she meets the villain and although she is unaware of it, they will meet again in the big finale.

Hopefully this Labor Day weekend I will get a chance to crank through Chapter 1 and 2. Most of Chapter 2 is already mapped, so the writing should go quickly.