I thought it was about time to update the list podcasts that I have been tuning into recently. I have a decent commute and a job that lets me listen to music or podcasts on a regular basis. Here now are the shows that I listen too in no particular order:
1. The Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy – If you read SF or write it, you need to listen to this one. David’s knowledge of short stories is unbelievable. I always learn something new about the genre from this one.
2. Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History/Common Sense – Dan’s a History Fan and his passion for history is both infectious and entertaining. You will see both modern and ancient history in a new light. His political podcast might not be for you if you identify to a particular party, but if you are an independent thinker, you’ll probably love it.
3. Hanselminutes – Interesting interviews with people in IT, from Scott Hanselman a Microsoft employee. Sometimes it gets too MS for me, but overall, Scott is pretty open to all kinds of software tools and practices.
4. Linux Outlaws – One of my favorite Linux podcasts that gives you a good overview of the latest distros and drama associated with Linux and Open Source in general.
5. Meet the Filmmaker – This one is new to my cue and I have only listened to the latest episode, but it seems like a good general podcast about filmmakers and the films they make.
6. SE-Radio (Software Engineering) – This one is for the hardcore coders out there. If you are not a programmer, this is not going to make sense. Geeky the way I like it.
7. The Self Publishing Podcast – These guys have some great advice about Self Publishing and anyone even thinking about going that route to publication, flat needs to listen in on a regular basis.
8. Skeptoid (Critical Analysis of Pop Phenomena) – This one is short and filled with information you need to let you weed out the BS you hear everyday about pseudoscience.
9. This Week In Google – One of two TWiT shows I listen too on a regular basis. Very good analysis and news on cloud based ideas, not just Google stuff.
10. Ubuntu Podcast (UK) – One of the best Ubuntu podcasts out there. Direct from the UK and geared for the non-technical user.
11. Adventures in Sci-Fi Publishing – Another awesome podcast for writers and even readers of Sci-Fi. I’m a long time listener to this one.
12. American Cinematographer – In a previous career path, I was a filmmaker and a subscriber to AC magazine. This is hardcore Cinematographer stuff for film geeks.
13. NPR Fresh Air – I’m a long time listener to Terry Gross. Her interviews are always interesting.
14. This Week In Tech (TWiT) – If you enjoy tech news, this is THE podcast to listen too. Long time listener.
At any given time, I’m likely to be trying out a new podcast to see if I like it. These are some of the new ones in my queue, that I have no opinion on yet and therefore have not listened to them much.
2. The Deep End
3. Books on the Nightstand
4. Full Circle Magazine
5. NPR Books
6. Science Talk