As my mystery novel, Null_Pointer gets closer to release, I’ve been putting together a Writer’s Edition of the book. This ebook only version will be packed with all kinds of interesting extras that writers love to read. Here is the TOC:
1. Introduction – Explaining the Writer’s Edition concept.
2. Concept and Execution – From original idea to how it was written.
3. Software Used – The programs I used for writing and editing.
4. Outline – The final outline of the novel.
5. Blog Posts – A journal of the writing, from day one to publication.
6. Draft One – Warts and all.
7. Beta Readers – Some catches and concerns from early readers.
8. Draft Four – Right before the editor got her hands on it.
9. Evolution of a Chapter – From D1 – Final.
10. Editing – Lessons learned from my wonderful editor.
11. Release Version – The entire final version of the novel.
12. Cover and Design – Evolution of the cover and interior design.
13. Printing – How I used LuLu to print the novel.
14. Exit Thoughts – Ruminations on finishing and future novels.
Can you think of anything else I should add? Let me know in the comments.