Detailing the model continues with a mixture of sheet styrene and model parts. I used a stack of tank wheels for the cylinder beside the space time engines. I also put plating down on the inside bottom of the stern.
Close up of the right side to show off the scratch build details. Not a ton of detail, but enough for this model.
On the bottom of the fighter you can see most of the panels are on and some plastic greeblies. The gray parts are paper towel roll inserts from the bathroom at work and the tan domes are of course contact cleaning holders. You can also see some details on the top inside of the engine area. Just enough relief to make it interesting to the eye.
One final look at the top, front of the fighter before the primer goes on.
The sun was out, I had a new model stand and it wasn’t blazing hot yet. All the elements were in place yesterday for a decent photo shoot. For those of you who don’t already know, I scratch build the starships from my novels and photograph them for use on the book covers. My brother Byron does all the compositing required for making the covers shine. We’re a pretty good team in that respect, with him being a graphics artist and me being a modeler and amateur photographer.
My shiny new C-stand arrived on Saturday, so it was a good excuse to go out into the sun and take some model pictures. The blue screen material is the same that is used in Hollywood and it’s clipped to a PVC frame.
This is a Votainion warship and a corvette from my WIP entitled Corvette. Both models are to the same 1/350 scale and are separated by about three feet.
This is a Votainion KiV-3 starfighter, scale is 1/32. Not sure how the glare off the gobo head was created. Could just be excessive shine.
I shot this all in my driveway with a Canon DSLR. I was able to get a pretty high F-stop needed for depth of field.
This is a starfighter from later on in the Great War. It’s one of my favorite designs.