Building the Renoke, Part 5

This is the start of the engine detailing. I used a piece of transporter diorama that I had from an old Star Trek toy. It had a blue clear plastic part that would be easy to light up with an LED. I just built up the inside of the engine exhaust with scratch plastic pipe and sheet styrene. Tedious.

IMG_20150723_133227419

IMG_20150724_170740852_HDR

IMG_20150724_222729286_HDR

But the end result looks pretty good.

IMG_20150726_095722503_HDR

Here are the details used to bring the engine area alive.

IMG_20150719_222141647

This angle shows the bottom front of the Renoke with the rectangular landing pads.

IMG_20150719_222050334

The final bits of details added for the hatch area of the bottom.

IMG_20150719_174619722

Top of the model after primer.

IMG_20150719_174631084

Back of the model after primer.

IMG_20150719_221935771

Finished bottom of the model after primer.

IMG_20150723_092731540

The bridge and front of the top are the final areas to be detailed.

IMG_20150723_092948220_HDR

Sanding the primer gives a nice texture. But it will soon be covered with base coat.

IMG_20150726_184004615

Share and Enjoy:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Google Buzz
  • Identi.ca
  • RSS
  • Technorati

Related Posts

Follow

Get every new post on this blog delivered to your Inbox.

Join other followers: